new backround

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

my little sticky fingered assistants

Yes our children are a reflection of us, but I promise you there are exceptions!! Like today for example. My unassuming 2 year old found a furry, fuzzy, cozy plush doggie at a children's store I was soliciting. I grabbed it to set it back yet while distracted by my 4 year olds' incessant need to touch EVERYTHING, my 2 year old reclaimed her prize. I said my ado's to the store owners and confidently walked out the door thinking to myself, "I sure hope I made a good first impression!". A generous gallop away, I hear someone call me from behind. Could that be the store owner, wishing to find out more details of my products? Nope! "Excuse me, is that your daughters stuffed animal?", asked the store owner as she ran after us. (Bubble quickly bursting) Sure enough, snuggled tightly in my 2 year olds grasp, the store's furry, fuzzy, cozy plush doggie!! Pure, unabashed humiliation quickly over took me. Of course I excessively apologized, yet tried to remain cool and collected. But the truth is I could have died!! So.... nice first impression, huh? I wonder if that great first encounter will ever turn into a client after that. I hope that I can write a post in the future saying they did. Cautious optimism may be a drastic overstatement. Lesson learned: Leave the mini sticky fingers with their Nana on work days.

No comments:

Post a Comment